20101205

1st Snow

Snowshoe trail run

Snow

I went out for a 5K snowshoe trail run on Saturday.  It was really difficult and felt like I was running with 10lb weights on my feet.  Bemis was really beautiful though, with the snow being completely untouched in some of the areas I ran in.

Snow

It did remind me though that I love the feeling of running in minimalistic shoes (VFF KSO's) but it wouldn't have been a good idea in the snow.  The surface area of snowshoes are so much larger that my feet it allowed me to step blindly on all the snow covered roots and uneven terrain with out having to worry about rolling an ankle.  Although with a thicker sole than the VFF's, I bet It would have been ok(GTX trail runners maybe?).

It was a great way to cap what has been my most athletic week in a while.  I did get 2 other trail runs in, some time in on my rollers and even a row in on the Concept 2.  I have been struggling with some neck and shoulder issues that have really had me sidelined for a bit.  It feels great to be back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment