After Masters this morning, Katy and I headed to Palos so she could check out some cross country ski trails and I could ride some trails. I got about .75 miles into my ride and the bolt for my seat clamp broke putting me dangerously close to an uncomfortable situation. After spending some time looking for the tapered nut, I gave up as it was long gone somewhere in the snow. So I called Katy on her cell and told her to return to the truck. I rode "out of the saddle" back to the truck and we left. Not really what I was looking for. So when I got home, Katy headed into Bemis and I headed to the bike shop where I picked up a new cheap seat post to get me by until I order a Thompson post for the Pugsley. This is a mandatory upgrade!
I then headed out to meet up with CK to go ride Fermi for a while. It was CK's first real ride on
his fat bike. It was a great day out, but bitterly cold by the end. I actually called our ride short because I couldn't feel my fingertips anymore or at least I was on the verge of the pain going away......it was in the teens and very windy out there. We rode a total of about 12 miles. It was a day totally dedicated to riding, the good and the bad. My kind of day!
YOU ARE ONE TOUGH NUT! I went out for about 3 hrs - solved the "Wilderness" mystery - also checked out a "Ridge route" near the Palos toboggan slide - very comfortable hiking in the woods out of the wind - got home 2:00 pm NOW FOOTBALL!.
ReplyDelete