Jason, Dominik and I did about 40 miles today. The wind was really strong, strong enough that the Desplaines River had white caps heading up stream! We rode from LGP to the Cenntenial trail head and rode out to 135th and then back, stopping for some coffee at the D&D by the trail head. On the way back, while riding up Willow Springs road, Jason crashed pretty hard. It happened so fast, Dominik could barely avoid crashing into him. Jason got up pretty quickly and walked over to the side of the road while I grabbed his bike. He was OK, but sounds like his wrist is a little banged up. It could have been a lot worse. His bike suffered a little damage on the left shifter and rear quick release lever, but not to bad after all. We rode back and then Dominik and I headed to a CAMBR garage sale that had some pretty good deals.
Once I got home, Junior called me and wanted to do something fun on his birthday, so we decided to paddle Salt Creek. I called Dominik back and he made the return trip back with his kayak and we put in at Dean Farm.
Salt Creek was moving pretty quickly and was more fun than I expected. We encountered only one strainer that forced us to portage around it. It was located just downstream of the new bridge before you reach Wolf Rd. We paddled down to the Jackson st bridge and got out. Katy was waiting for us with the Tundra.
No comments:
Post a Comment