20110227

Cold Water Swimming

Dominik and I have now swam at L1 for the past 2 weekends.   It was pretty choppy the first time and it seemed really cold to me.  My face was HURTING from the cold water, but after a bit you get used to it and it kinda goes away(or numb).  He had pretty bad glove issues on his first entry and had to get out after about 2 minutes because his hands had gone completely numb.

go time








Our second time out it was about a 35 degree lake temp and was much more productive.  I keep learning more about how my body reacts to these water entries.  I didn't linger as long as I normally have been doing on the ladder trying to adjust to the cold and I noticed quite a difference physiologically.  My heart was racing and I was a little short of breath as well.  For the first 100 yards I almost felt nausous with my face burning from the cold, but it gotch much better after that.  I settled down and got into a groove.  Good day out!



2 comments: