20101009

Paddling Busse Woods

For some reason I have not been enthusiastic about heading up to Busse Woods to do some paddling. In my head it just seemed like it was going to be a little too "developed" or "boring".

P1030536


Was I wrong.  Ted, you were right. Busse Woods is a total pleasure.  So much so that I find it hard to imagine wanting to drive up to the Skokie Lagoons ever again.  What a wonderful oasis in Chicago to visit. The paddling was great and we barely even got started exploring the area. While we did see quite a few people out enjoying the water, it is too large to really be an issue.  There were even a few small sailboats cruising around.

P1030572

If you can ignore the slight background roar of the highway, it almost had a boundary waters feel to it. The leaves were starting to change colors. The water seemed clean(cleaner than most areas I have been paddling lately).

P1030553

I look forward to going back and exploring the southern sections, as we stayed pretty much in the northern areas today.  It would be a great place to go with a group, as they offer a bunch of rental canoes, maybe pack up the grill and spend a day just hanging out.


1 comment:

  1. GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE PADDLE - YOU COULD ALSO TAKE THE BIK.ES ALONG - THE PERIMETER TRAIL IS ABOUT 8MI LONG

    ReplyDelete