Well it looks like I may have found a way to avoid the Division St take out and get a better option 2 miles farther downstream. If this is the case than what I saw today, definitely means that the river is too low to enjoy this area. It would be a lot of dragging the boats over flat rocks.
"Don't take-out at the 167th /Division Street as the directions here say. It's a difficult take-out. Plus there is 2.0 miles of river left to enjoy. Keep going to Joliet and get out on the north side Ruby Street in Joliet. Ruby has small boat ramp and shade trees. Nice spot. You can also leave a shuttle vehicle here."
source
Looks like this is it, but I think it is going to require some recon to verify this is an option:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteMany years ago a friend borrowed my OLD fibre glass canoe - put in @ Stony Ford in Lyons and went clear down to Starved Rock - I don,t remember the details, but they made it - camping along the way. "T
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete